This is a really nice game, and good for killing some time. The visual style, although a bit kiddy, is appealing and tight. Combat system is simple (perhaps too simple?) and straightforward. There is a wide variety of areas to explore and monsters to fight. I'm digging the new winter level you included.
There are a few issues I would like to address, though:
- People stealing your loot. Make the loot only accessible for 10 seconds by the player who killed the monster/dealt the most damage, and then for everyone. It just sucks when a monster drops good loot and someone beats you to it.
- The prices of armor. This is just excessive, not gonna lie. Especially due to the fact that monsters hardly drop any gold and maybe some good loot 1 or 2 times. I got extremely lucky because a monster dropped a Book of Power which I could sell for 15k, but I suppose the chance of that happening again is 1 in a million.
- More options for the guild system. This game screams for some 10 v 10 clan battles. Right now, the point of the guild system is pretty much non-existant, except for the EXP sharing, which hardly accounts for anything.
- A bank for items. Can't you add an option to store your excess items as well, apart from the bank you already included.
- Last issue, although this is just a spelling error: The healing lady in the ice level says ''would you like healed, young man?'' This should be either ''Would you like to be healed'' or ''Would you like healing''. Just something I noticed :-)
I will definitely keep checking this game out. I know it's still in development, and it's already looking really good. It just needs a few things and extra gameplay elements to make it perfect.
Keep it up!
Gee, that king has more daughters than Zeus. Great game by the way, it's been a while since I enjoyed a game on NG as much as this one. Keep it up!
This is great! I like the contrast between the relaxing melody and the aggressive bassline.
Some minor points of improvement: the pad that keeps fading in and out during the intro is a bit harsh. Try EQ'ing some of the highs out of there, or use a very slight lowpass filter.
Furthermore, I think the (acoustic?) snare you used doesn't really fit in this track. Try using a different sample for that, one that has more high frequencies to it.
Overall, I like this tune, and I'm looking forward to hearing the finished one!
Thanks for the pointers mate!
Okay, so this is pretty much a generic rap song. Try to rap about something else than money and ''haters'' because that gets old pretty quick.
The first rapper (I'm assuming that's you) has a pretty nice flow, but the voice doesn't quite fit with the beat. I'm pretty sure that's all the effects you got going on there.
I'm not too fond of the second rapper since his flow gets a bit sloppy at times.
From a production point of view, the vocals are a bit too loud compared to the beat. Try to get a better mix between the 2, to get it so sound more professional.
So, work a bit on the lyrics and flow, tone it down a bit on the vocal effects (or get a beat that fits better with that voice) and work on your mix a bit more.
Other than that, it's a pretty decent song.
Good track so far. The main problem I've got with it is the snare. It could use some more lower frequencies. Try to boost around 600-ish Hz to give it a bit more power. Ther snare is also rather low in volume, so crank that up a bit as well.
Other than that, good job! Looking forward to hearing the final product.
I shat bricks.
That was some scary shit :P but good job, man!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.